Frequently Asked Questions
How To Install RENA Printer Drivers
Valid for: AS-150, Envelope Imager 1.5/1.5+/2.5/3.0/4.0/XT3.0/XT4.0
and XPS-ProMail 3.0/4.0, when using Windows 98/XP/7.
RENA printer drivers can be found on the CD that was originally included with your printer. Printer drivers can also be downloaded from our web site.
Satori Bulk Mailer Users: Satori has developed their own printer drivers for use with their software product. Therefore, Satori recommends that you load and use the printer drivers available to you on the Satori Bulk Mailer CD. If not, the Bulk Mailer software may not function properly with the printer. The following directions are not valid for installing Satori drivers. However if you are planning to connect the printer via USB, please read the "USB Port Assignment Routine" below.
A dedicated printer driver is included on CD, with the printer. It must be installed on your computer before you will be able to print from your software. Follow the steps below to install the driver:
NOTE: A Launch Menu should open automatically, when the Driver Installation CD is inserted into your CD-ROM drive. Select Install Printer Drivers from the launch menu. If the launch menu does not open; please use the steps below to install the printer driver.
1. If you have, any applications running on your computer close them and restart the computer before beginning the driver installation.
2. Install the CD in the CD drive. If the "Launch Menu" doesn't automatically appear; click on START. Then click on RUN, then type the following; D: Autorun.exe (where D is the CD ROM drive) then click OK.
3. When the "Launch Menu" appears, select "Install Drivers".
If a "File Download Security Warning" box appears click RUN.
If a "Internet Explorer Security Warning" box appears click RUN.
When the FlexSystems "Add Printer Wizard window opens, click Next>.
4. Type in your Name and Company and click Next>.
5. Select the printer port LPT1. Then click Next>.
Note: If you plan to use the , please select LPT1 for the initial driver install.
After the driver is loaded and the printer is connected, you can open the printer driver properties window and select the appropriate USB port.
6. Select your printer model from the list, then click Next>
IMPORTANT: Normal print orientation, to the Envelope Imager XT3.0/XT4.0 and XPS-ProMail 3.0/4.0 printers, is up-side-down; as viewed from the operator side of the printer. Invert orientation is right-side-up; as viewed from the operator side of the printer.
7. The next screen allows you to Name Your Printer. Unless you have another printer of the same name on your system or network, dont change the name.
Select this printer as your Default printer and click Next>.
8. Click Finish to complete the installation.
9. Connect the printer via Parallel or USB. The Windows "Found New Hardware Wizard" should appear and walk you through the steps of installing the hardware.
Once completed, you should get the message "The hardware has been installed successfully....".
10. If you need to change the printer driver port assignment from Parallel (LPT1) to USB, please follow the "USB Port Assignment Routine" below.
USB Port Assignment Routine:
Note: If you already loaded the appropriate printer driver, connected the printer, and have attempted to send data to the printer; but you are not getting any response from the printer (no data getting to printer), then you will need to delete all print jobs (documents) in the printer queue, reboot your computer, power the printer off/on, and start from step "D" below.
- Don't connect the printer until you have the printer driver installed.
- When initially installing the printer driver, we suggest leaving the port selection at default (usually LPT1:), even if you don't have an LPT port on your computer.
After the printer driver is installed; connect the printer to the computer, via USB, and turn the printer on.
If the printer has never been connected to the computer before; you will get the windows "found new hardware", "installing new hardware" messages at this time.
After Windows finishes installing new hardware, it should give the message that "The hardware has been installed successfully...".
- Open the printer driver properties, from the "printers & faxes" (devices & printers) folder.
- Click on the Ports tab and locate the fist USB selection (usually they are numbers USB01, USB02, etc...). Then click on Apply.
While watching the printer status, from the "printers & faxes" folder (folder view must be set to details); power the printer off, wait 10 seconds, and power the printer on.
The printer status should toggle from offline to ready when you power the printer on.
The status should toggle from ready to offline when you power the printer off.
You may need to repeat this step (power off/on) more than once, for the system to recognize the printer and to see the status change.
If the printer status does NOT change, when you power the printer off and on; click on the Ports tab, then locate and select the next USB port selection in the list (USB02, USB03, USB04, etc...).
Then click on Apply.
Go to Step "F".
If the printer status changes when you power the printer off/on then you are Finished.
Your printer driver has been properly configured for the USB port you are connected to.
You are ready to begin printing.
Note: The above routine is only valid for USB connections. We do NOT recommend using USB to Parallel converters.